Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let's Talk: Authors I Have To Read


Let's Talk is a weekly meme hosted by Melissa at i swim for oceans. Each week, there's a new topic to discuss. 

This week, let's talk about Authors You Can't Help But Be Loyal To.

Do you ever read books simply because they're from an author you love, rather than because of the book itself?  

Oh yes, yes indeed. There are a couple of authors who I can't help but buy their books, but the number of those are very few, and lucky I'm always interested in the book. For example, I read everything Marian Keyes publishes, and I own most of her books. I've been reading her novels since I was in 7th grade. So, every time I hear/see that a new Marian Keyes novel is being released, I know I have to buy it. It has to sit on my bookshelf with the rest of my collection. Luckily, I'm always interested in the book.

Another good example is Louise Rennison. I read her Georgia Nicholson series when I was younger and absolutely loved it. So when I discovered her latest series, Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, I had to buy it. I even went so far as to buy the second and third novel before I'd even read the first one, because they were by Louise Rennison. I don't think this series is as good as the Georgia Nicholson series, but I'll read it all.

There are a couple of authors who I've only discovered in the past couple of years who I know I'll read again. Michelle Hodkin, Laini Taylor, Marissa Meyer, Veronica Roth, A.G Howard are some, just to name a few. I might not be completely sold on the book, but since I've already read novels by them and thought they were amazing, it's pretty darn likely that I'll read and enjoy whatever they write. 

So in answer to the question, yes, I read book purely because of the author, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If you've had a good experience with their novels in the past, it's almost always a safe bet that you'll enjoy their next book.

1 comment:

  1. I've never read anything by Louise Rennison, but I've heard nothing but good things. Perhaps I should try?! Thanks for joining us this week for LET'S TALK! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...