It looks like fun! Now I don't make Youtube videos, so I thought I'd write a little post about it. If you can't tell from the name of the tag, the aim is to find a book on your bookshelf that fits each of the criteria. So lets give it a go!
1. Find a book where the title or the authors name contains a letter 'Z'.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Find a classic.
Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers - this would be considered a classic, right?
3. Find a book with a key on it.
NADA - I couldn't find anything with a key on it :(
4. Find something that's not a book.
Oh lots of stuff - photos, candles, moneybox, signature bear, DVDs, sporting trophies, etc etc
5. Find the oldest book on your shelf.
Time Stops for No Mouse by Michael Hoeye
6. Find a book with a girl on the cover on it.
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross; Wither by Lauren Destefano; Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon; Slide by Jill Hathaway; Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza...nailed that one :D
7. Find a book with an animal on it.
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen...it's got an elephant in the background, so it counts
8. Find a book with a male protagonist.
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
9. Find a book with only words on it.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10. Find a book with illustrations in it.
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
11. Find a book with gold lettering.
Rumors by Anna Godbersen
12. Find a diary (truth or fictional).
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
13. Find a book written by someone with a common name.
Splintered by A.G. Howard
14. Find a book that has a close up of something on it.
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (close up of hands with an apple); L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad (close up of candy); Cinder by Marissa Meyer (close up of a foot) - just to name a few
15. Find the book on your shelf that takes place during the earliest time period.
The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory (1500s?)
16. Find a hardcover book without a jacket.
Luuurve is a many trousered thing... by Louise Rennison
17. Find a teal/turquoise coloured book.
The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
18. Find a book with stars on it.
This Charming Man by Marian Keyes
19. Find a non-YA book.
All my Marian Keyes novels, of which I have 10
Annnnd that's the end of the tag. I WAS SO CLOSE - IF ONLY I HAD A BOOK WITH A KEY ON IT! Oh well, 18 out of 19 ain't bad either.
Think you can defeat the Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag - have a go for yourself!