Monday, April 1, 2013

Musing Mondays (19)

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Musing Mondays is a weekly Meme by Mizb @ Should Be Reading

This weeks musing asks...Do you have a bookish rant? Share it with us!
 

Last Friday I put up my review for Uglies, and it got me to thinking about annoying characters. And I don't just mean those characters you love to hate, but the one's that you just find irritating, bothersome and sometimes just infuriating. So today, for my bookish rant, I thought I'd rant about some characters that have seriously annoyed me of late. 




Lets start with Shay from Uglies, since she is the inspiration for this rant. Surely I'm not the only person who found her annoying. At first, I thought she was alright - a good friend for Tally to have. But that quickly wore off. The tantrum she threw about Tally and David was so petty and juvenile, that anything she did after just bugged me. 





Next, Sir Thomas from Newes from the Dead. This guy has stuck with me for a while, just because I found him so irritating. Being the closest thing to a bad guy in this novel, I get that we're not supposed to like him, but I think Hooper might have taken it a tad to far this time. Sir Thomas was sooo annoying I had to skip through any dialogue he had, I just couldn't read it. 




Delaney from Fracture. I don't think Delaney actually did anything in this book. I don't remember her taking any action, besides thinking that hooking up with her crazy stalker was a good idea, which, if you've read this book, you know was a very, very bad idea. 






Lastly, everyone in The Carrier of the Mark. Literally every single character in this novel annoyed me in some way or another. Only now looking back on the book do I realise how much they all annoyed me. Especially our leads Megan and Adam, who suffer from an extreme case of insta-love. Maybe these characters suffered with a complicated back story that required lots of info dumps and a convoluted plot, either way, I didn't like them.

Right I think that's enough ranting for one day. What about you? Are there any characters that really bother/annoy/irritate you? 

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate, even though I haven't read any of the books you've mentioned. There seems to be a tendency to portray teenagers as one-dimensional screeching/texting creatures, who constantly roll their eyes and say "whatever."

    Those are the characters I want to yell at...lol

    Or the women who constantly whine and complain, while basking in their role as victim.

    Now you've got me going! lol

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read any of those books but an annoying character or one I can't stand definitely taints how I feel about a book. Here's my musing:http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/author-binge-ing/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...