Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Review: Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy #1) by Leigh Fallon

Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy #1) by Leigh Fallon
Release Date: 4th October 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 342
Rating: 3.0/5.0


This book was read as part of the 2013 OTS and 2013 ODY 

Summary from Amazon:
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
"Their love was meant to be.


When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRís.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction."

Review:
Oh god this book. I really wish I hadn't wasted my time on this, because it really wasn't good. Granted, it did pick up towards the end, but I can tell you now I won't be continuing on with this trilogy. 


This just. wasn't. good. At the beginning it was just weird. A guy and a girl can't stop staring at each other. Then, they decide to get together. Then comes an onslaught of new information, which took me a while to digest. All during this stage, the book isn't any good. The story doesn't make any logical sense - at all. Then, eventually, the story picks up. I would say around about the moment when they travel abroad (I can't even remember which city they travelled to), that's when things picked up a little in terms of the fantasy storyline. The romance - not so much. 

Then, the end was all very dramatic, and it was over. To be honest, reading this book just felt like I was going through the motions. I wasn't paying too much attention to the story, but just trying to get through it. I took this book to work the other day, when there was a lot of downtime, which was how I managed to finish this book without stopping midway - I read this book to avoid boredom, not really because I wanted to. 

Some people will love this story, but I just didn't. The fantasy aspect interested me, and this element of the story did go places, which is why I gave this book a rating of 3 instead of 2/5. But overall - I wouldn't bother if I was you. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading 'Carrier' back when the manuscript was still on Inkpop. I didn't really care for it much then either before it was published. Heard it compared to an Irish Twilight-- and hating Twilight, I've steered clear from this series. Kind of hopeful for it, but sad to see you didn't like it much either :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...