Monday, December 24, 2012

Book Review: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley 
Release Date: 10th August 2010
Publisher: Pan MacMillan Australia
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 264
Rating: 4.5/5.0


This book was read as part of the 2012 OTS Challenge

Summary from Amazon:
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery"Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes."

Review:
This was a nice little romance. The main romance in this story was fairly predictable, but I didn't mind. I liked seeing how it played out, how it all came together. It was cute, easy to read, and a romance that I approved of. The one thing I didn't really like about this novel was Poet's chapters. I understand why they were there, and I understand why they were written in poetry, but I didn't really care for them. I found that I rushed quickly through these chapters (which was easy considering they were only ever a page or two long), so I could get back to Lucy or Ed. 

What I liked was that Lucy and Ed, our main characters, didn't outshine the rest. I thought Jazz, and to a lesser extent Daisy, were hilarious, I really liked Leo and his back story, and I thought the Malcolm Dove was mental, and also hilarious. I also liked the writing style; switching between Lucy and Ed's perspectives allowed us to see conversations from both their points of view, as well as misunderstandings and miscommunication. Just as you finish a conversation between the two from Ed's point of view, the next chapter brings us Lucy's thoughts as you re-read parts of the same conversation. This was a writing tool that I thought worked quite well. 

Overall, a cute novel about teen romance that I found very hard to put down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...