Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Book Review: Abandon (Abandon Trilogy #1) by Meg Cabot

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy #1) by Meg Cabot
Release Date: 12th January 2012
Publisher: Pan MacMillan Australia
Format: eBook 
Pages: 291
Rating: 5.0/5.0


This book was read as part of the 2012 OTS Challenge

Summary from Amazon:
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery"Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld."

Review: 
To be honest, I hadn't heard a lot about this book before I decided to add it to my TBR list. Amazon suggested I may be interested in it, and the blurb was intriguing, so I thought I would give it a go. After reading this book, I am actually dumbfounded that I left it on my TBR list for so long. To me, this book was all types of brilliant. The book mixed so many things together that I love; mystery, supernatural, romance, mythology - it all just melded beautifully together. I loved the setting, the characters, the plot - I just loved everything about this book. And the twist at the end! I really, really did not see that coming, and I absolutely loved it. A definite must read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...