Monday, December 3, 2012

MEGA Musing Mondays (10)


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Musing Mondays is a weekly Meme by Mizb @ Should Be Reading
Musing Monday's is one of my fave weekly memes to participate in, and since I've been away from the blog for a while, I thought I might answer some of the questions that I've missed out on!

Have you ever read a book after watching the movie/television version only to find that you don't like the book as much as the adaptation?
I'm one of those terrible people who doesn't read the books movies/television series are based on. In my mind, if I've seen the movie version, then that's enough, but, strangely, if I've read the book, then I simply must see the movie. Honestly, this doesn't even make any sense.

Do you read the ending before you start a book? Do you ever skip ahead to read the ending?
I used to be a repeat offender of this, but luckily I've broken the habit. Skipping to the end of the book just defeats the whole purpose!


If you had to choose only 3 books to read forever, which ones would you choose?
Oooooohhhhhhh tough question. It's hard to imagine just reading and re-reading three books for the rest of eternity. But, I would have to say that I think if I had Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and a Sherlock Holmes compilation book, then I would probably be happy.

Do you ever get crushes on fictional characters? Name one (or a few) and tell what you liked...
Who doesn't? Most recently I think it was Peeta from The Hunger Games series. I also remember a time when my sights were set on Edward Cullen (it was a long time ago..)

Do you have a fave series? Do you have a fave book out of the series?
I would probably have to say that the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series is one of my fave series. I read them years ago, and they're quite an easy read. Not only that, but they are absolutely hilarious - choosing just one book from the series as a stand-out is impossible!

What distracts you when you really "should be reading"?
At the moment, it's uni work. Assignments, tests and reports all just pile up on top of me, and coupled with being a lazy person, this just doesn't bode well for my reading. 

What is your least favourite book? Why?
I'm going to assume that this question is referring to books I don't like. In that case, to this day, I maintain that The Wind Singer by William Nicholson (which I was made to read in year 6) and The Giver by Lois Lowry (year 7) are the worst books that I have ever read. Maybe it was because I was forced to analyse them in English class, or maybe I wasn't as big a reader back in year 6 and 7, but I vividly remember that I hated those books. I don't even remember why, but I've remembered the names of these books to this day, and I hardly remember the books I read this year, let alone ones I read 6 or more years ago!

Have you ever considering writing a book before? What genre would you write?
There was a time in my life (a long time ago) that I thought I could be an author. My reasoning was that I liked to read, therefore I could write (I was horribly wrong on that front). The last time I thought about writing a book, I planned a romance centred on teenagers, so I guess I would write young adult fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...