Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 Challenge #4 - Genre Variety Reading Challenge


In 2012 I participated in the Around the Stack in How Many Ways? Reading Challenge, where the aim was to read from as many different genres as possible. For 2013 I thought I'd try a different challenge that's pretty similar - the Genre Variety Reading Challenge! Pretty simple - chose a level and read that many books from however many different genres you've picked. I've decided to go for the Cautious level - 12 books from 12 different genre. Here's what I'm thinking:

Classic - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald {review}
Historical Fiction - Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel {review}
Drama - The Help by Kathryn Stockett {review}
Crime - A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton {review}
Chick Lit - The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes {review}
Espionage - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John le Carre {review}
Dystopian Divergent by Veronica Roth {review}
Adventure - Eragon by Christopher Paolini {review}
Young Adult - Wither by Lauren Destefano {review}
Fantasy City of Bones by Cassandra Claire {review}
Steampunk - The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross {review}
Fairy Tales Retold - Scarlet by Marissa Meyer {review}

Of course, this list could change during the year, I may even decide to read from different genres. Who knows, we'll see how it goes. For all the event deets, click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...