Monday, April 9, 2012

Musing Mondays (7)


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Musing Mondays is a weekly Meme by Mizb @ Should Be Reading

This weeks musing asks... What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read?

This is a hard and interesting question to answer. BUT, I have come up with 5 books that I think women should read.

1. Any Marian Keyes novel. I actually love this woman. There probably isn't anything spectacular about her novels, but I can't seem to stop reading them - every new novel released, I just have to have! Some of my favourites by her include Rachel's Holiday, Sushi for Beginners, Last Chance Saloon and This Charming Man.





2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I loved this book so much when I read it last year - this is one of those books that everybody has to read
3. Juliet by Anne Fortier. Again, I loved this book when I read it last year. What I think I enjoyed the most about it was that is surprised me - it was completely different, and infinitely better, than I thought it would be.




4. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. This has to be the best romance novel I have ever read - it's just so good on so many levels!
5.  Any of the Harry Potter novels. I've only read one Harry Potter novel (The Deathly Hallows) but I have to say, it is one of the best books I have ever read. J.K.Rowling really immerses you in the Harry Potter world - the attention to detail was amazing.  

5 comments:

  1. oh i need to read the Book Thief! i agree totally with your last two recommendations!

    Trish - My MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a nice must-read pick. I'll have to look into the others they look pretty good :) I've not read any of them, well except the first 3 harry potter noveks...need to get reading and finish them!

    Heres my MM you can see what I've got for my must-reads!

    http://paranormalfantasyaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/musing-mondays-9th-april-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems I may be the only person who refused to name five books..lol
    my answer took a different, ok, slightly adversarial, direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your choices are great! There are a couple I haven't read but are on my queue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...