Monday, March 26, 2012

Musing Mondays (5)


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Musing Mondays is a weekly Meme by Mizb @ Should Be Reading

This weeks musing asks... Have you ever found a book out of the blue, read it, and then had it be surprising good - one that stuck with you for years? If so, what book was it?
Whilst it hasn't stuck with me for years yet, I know that it will -
Juliet by Anne Fortier {my review here}. I saw this book in the book store and its cover pulled me in, but I didn't buy it because I hadn't heard of it before and I didn't have much money on me at the time. After hearing some positive stuff about it, I went out and bought the book a couple of weeks later, but left it on my bookshelf for about 6 months because I wasn't dying to read it. Then, I read the book, and my giddy gosh was it good. It kept me up until about 3am one night, it was that good. 

What about you? Have you ever picked up a book on a whim and found it to be amazingly good?

8 comments:

  1. Giddy Gosh, I love that! I have this book and it's been on my list forever. I think you're making me want to pull it off the shelf and finally read it. Here's my Musing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened with my book! I bought it on a whim and then let it sit there for a while before I bothered to look it up on Goodreads...and after I did I had to read it! Here's mine: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/musing-monday.html

    I am gonna have to check out 'Juliet' now too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that one, must check it out. My musing is here: http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/musing-mondays-32612/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those kind of books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 am is the sign of a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have picked up some great new books from today's MM prompt. How fun! My MM: http://etjrmbach.blogspot.com/2012/03/book-that-found-me-musing-mondays.html

    And, yes, 3am says a heck of a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 am... whew.. those nights and I have a love/hate relationship.. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...